Problem with report on the 10 best grades

Good morning friends!
I am making a report grades of the students so that it can be sent by e-mail with a click, and I use the “ClickToSendEmail” app to learn how to do it (I am a beginner).

1. For a list of all the students, the report template below works well:

<<Start: FILTER(Reports all students,true)>>

Name-Surname: <<[Name-Surname]>>

N°ID: <<[N°ID]>>

Grade-level: <<[Grade-Level]>>

Phone-Number: <<[Phone-Number]>>

E-mail: <<[E-mail>>

<>

2)PROBLEM: I have problems creating a formula to generate a report with the best 10 students, that is, the students with the best grades. I built the following formula but it doesn’t work:
<<Start: IF(FILTER(Report of the 10 best students,true),TOP(SORT(“Class-1”[Grade-Level], 10)))>>

Name-Surname: <<[Name-Surname]>>

N°ID: <<[N°ID]>>

Grade-level: <<[Grade-Level]>>

Phone-Number: <<[Phone-Number]>>

E-mail: <<[E-mail>>

<

How can I fix the problem?

Thanks!

Julio

P.S: I hope you can understand the question as I use a translator.

Solved Solved
0 16 397
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Move the <<Start>> tag inside the first cell of the data row, and the <<End>> tag inside the last cell of the first row.
3X_1_8_1833784eb41a6f175be0a8e5e17ef82c8b372ba4.png

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Can you explain what you’re trying to accomplish with this expression?

IF(FILTER(Report of the 10 best students,true),TOP(SORT(“Class-1”[Grade-Level], 10)))

Very difficult to explain. I’ll try!
With this expression I try to make a “workflow” that allows me to create a pdf report with a button and send it by e-mail.
The names of the reports are found in a table called “Reports”, and one of those reports is named “Report of the 10 best students”
With the filter I try to call the “workflow” that corresponds to each report name. Then I order the “Class-1” (First-grade) table by “Grade-Level” (GPA). Then with TOP I try to get the 10 best GPA.

Please post a screenshot of the column list from the app editor for the Class-1 table.

Try:

<<Start: TOP(ORDERBY(FILTER("Class-1", TRUE), [GPA], TRUE), 10)>>

Wow! amazing!
It works very well.
Thank you very much Steve.

Last alsk:
How can I delete lilac colour titles and keep just first one.

Please post a screenshot of your template.

3X_8_b_8bbe2eed16dffeef4cb6cbfd183f510b295f3512.jpeg

Move the <<Start>> tag inside the first cell of the data row, and the <<End>> tag inside the last cell of the first row.
3X_1_8_1833784eb41a6f175be0a8e5e17ef82c8b372ba4.png

Perfect!
Thanks Steve!!
(Y)

Is there a way to make the dividing lines between columns be at the same level for all records?

I’m surprised they aren’t! Unfortunately, this is outside my experience, so I have no guidance to offer here.

Thanks you so much!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What does Grade-Level represent? Like first-grade, fifth-grade, tenth-grade? Or is it the student’s current grade-point-average (GPA)?

What does Class-1 represent? Using it in this way, "Class-1"[Grade-Level], suggests there is a table named Class-1.

• Grade-Leve represent student current grade-point-averange (GPA), In my country is from 0 (zero) to 10.

*Class-1 represent first-grade, fifth-grade, etc.
“Class-1” is a table ( is the name of an excel sheet in which there is 1 column called Grade-Leve).

Top Labels in this Space