Problem with table appearance in Google templ...

Problem with table appearance in Google template.

I use a Google template to generate scheduled daily reports. The problem is that I can’t get the columns on each row to all have a consistent width from row to row, and as a result the table looks ugly. I hard-coded the column width in the template, nothing. It doesn’t seem to have anything to do with the text in the cell: the two cells containing the text ‘Walkon’ each are different size (trust me, I measured them on the screen!

How do I control the padding in each cell? I imagine this is a Google template issue, but I’m asking here first.

0 11 532
11 REPLIES 11

Here is what the template looks like:

+Charlie Wells

Glad it is working for you.

I have the same issue with tables generated from the <<Start: Select …

statement.

In above template you actually have a separate single row table every time <<Start>><<End>> loop generates a row, and there might be a bug on the Google Doc side or its converter to PDF which messes up columns width that way.

As a temporary workaround I think if you incorporate

<<Start>> and <<End>> in the same row, i.e. put <<Start>> in the beginning of first column, and <<End>> at the end of last column, then the columns width issue will be fixed; however in that case you would have to sacrifice the horizontal lines that separate rows which I understand may not be satisfactory for a tabular report.

Thanks @RezaRaoofi - I’ll give that a try but you’re right, I wouldn’t want to lose the horizontal row separator.

+Charlie Wells @RezaRaoofi

Reza is correct that the best way to define a table is to use the technique described under topic “Order Template in Table Format” in this article help.appsheet.com - Email Templates

That approach allows you to define the table header, table detail rows, and table footer in a single table declaration.

Email Templates help.appsheet.com

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh luckily I seem to be wrong that Charlie would have to sacrifice row separator lines!

Thanks Philip!

@RezaRaoofi

Thanks for jumping in to help. You always provide good advice. It is much appreciated!

I am not sure that it will fix all of the alignment issues but it should preserve the rows.

Thanks @Philip_Garrett_Appsh and all! I’ll give that a try.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh and @RezaRaoofi: HOORAY! Time for a litlte tapdance - that did it! It looks perfect (and the office will love you).

(Had that always been on that page? I must have missed it when I put together my templates back in April. Glad I thought to ask!)

Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space