Products Dependant Dropdowlist for Order Details Form when target is the Customer in the Order Table

I’m farly new to AppSheet. I have done some simple apps before, but I find quite complex, at least for me, the Order Capture Sample.

I’m trying to set a list of products and prices depending on the customer, since the price for a same product depends on the Customer. I have the table for Products, in which I added a Column for Customer (Customer, Product ID, Product Name and Price), and also the Table with Customer Info (Name, E-mail, Phone, Street, etc) which is the one referenced for the Dropdown of Customer Name in the Order Form.

What I’m trying is to set a Dropdown list of the Products in the Order Detail (ADD) that depends on the Customer I selected in the Order, so the app drags the correct price of that product that was set for that specific Customer.

I’ve tried with the SELECT(Products[Product Name],(Orders[Customer Name]=Products[Customer])) but the dropdown is empty.

Any help with this would be really appreciated.

0 1 159
1 REPLY 1

If I have understood your requirement correctly, please try following approach

Please create a dereference column [Customer Name] in the “Order Details” table with an expression something like [Order ID].[Customer Name]

Then in the valid_if of of the Product ID column in the “Order Details” table please have an expression something like

SELECT(Products[Product ID], [Customer Name]=[_THISROW].[Customer Name])

Please test well for your requirements.

Top Labels in this Space