Prompt user for value and use for sql where clause

Is there a way to seed an apps data by requesting user input via prompt/form, prior to loading, and then passing that to a where clause in SQL?

Example - If I have a long sync time, or a dataset of 1 million rows (ex. sku lookup)โ€ฆwhat is the best way to only get the necessary data in the app?

Has anyone partitioned on SQL?

I am doing an apples to apples comparison of a 17k 15 column datasetโ€ฆgoogle sheet vs. aws sqlโ€ฆ

• google sheet is 17 seconds sync time
  • sql is 29 seconds
    both of these are wide open with no security filters.
0 7 511
7 REPLIES 7

Chiming in @Reza and @Harry

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

How would that work? Would you disable automatic sync? Would the user have to go through the form again with each sync? What do you mean by โ€œloadingโ€?

not sure how it would workโ€ฆ But you bring up a good point, about re-syncingโ€ฆ basically, that use case is - say we have a large data set but donโ€™t want to load it into the appโ€ฆ However we would like to use her to be able to search and just pull data and have exposure to it. I think I can get around this with views. however, if I have to pull 50,000 SKUs in for a sales rep I can see an issue.

Just brainstorming: a security filter tied to a user-specific row (or user settings). The row allows the user to choose the data set parameters. The default parameters would produce an empty or minimal data set.

Maybe you can play with the force syncโ€ฆ itโ€™s listed at the very bottom of this pageโ€ฆ

So, you could have an intermediary table that holds the scanned codeโ€ฆ (Security filter to show only that users last scan) Then upon submit navigate with the action, and encode NOWโ€ฆ
Worth experimenting withโ€ฆ

@Steve Iโ€™m thinking Data > User Settings will work. Iโ€™ve been able to make it the default view on the app and have settings field like โ€œwild card searchโ€, โ€œSKUโ€, ETC. The large table then has a security filter on it based on the user settings value which prefilters the data.

Perfect!

Top Labels in this Space