Public Applications

Publicly accessible applications (that don’t contain sensitive data and don’t require user sign-in) can be created with an AppSheet Publisher Pro subscription. These apps include all the other functionality included in the Pro Plan, and can be used by an unlimited number of users for $50/mo/app. Learn More

4 4 983
4 REPLIES 4

daw7

Hello @Peter. I am making a public app with google sheets as the database which is stored in my google drive. Are there any possible consequences that might happen with this kind of set up? Say for example the app users will reach a certain number, would it affect the performance of the app?

Thank you.

Hi Lyndell, there are a variety of factors that may influence the performance of your app, but usually the most significant factor is the amount of data being accessed by the end user - if you expect to have a large number of rows being available to all users, you may get better performance from a Cloud SQL database.

Another significant factor affecting performance is the expressions you use in the app - these vary greatly in complexity and performance costs, but should be watched closely.

The performance of your app can be monitored from the AppSheet Editor if you go to Manage > Monitor > Performance Profile

Thank you for this @Peter

Hello all, sorry to bump this older thread but just want to clarify my specific use case question? Apologies in advance if the answer is obvious.

I’d like to make an app to have as many users as possible. And I would like for them all to sign-in so that I have their data to email market to them on a monthly basis along with updates. Am I correct that I’d be charged $10 per user per this link? AppSheet Pricing

Otherwise, I’d be limited with having a somewhat generic app that isn’t customized to the specific user by having the Publisher Pro subscription as mentioned in @Peter 's original post up above?

I was hoping there was a secure Publisher pro option.

Thanks

Top Labels in this Space