Pull a Virtual Column Calculation from One Table into Another Table

I have a Virtual Column with an app formula of that finds the MAX value of a column by the user. I want to pull this value into another table. How?

My current approach (which has not been working) was creating a reference column to the referenced table (with the Virtual Column Calc). Then I had a Column with the app formula [Reference Table Key].[Virtual Column Name] and the value comes back as nothing.

Help please.
Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 8 1,312
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try:

INDEX(
  SORT(
    SELECT(
      ACTIVITY DATA[DISTANCE],
      AND(
        [EMAIL]=USEREMAIL(),
        [ACTIVITY]=โ€œRIDEโ€
      ),
      TRUE
    ),
    TRUE
  ),
)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Try using LOOKUP() instead.

@Steve Thanks!
On a related note, is there an equivalent AppSheet expression to googleโ€™s LARGE((some list), 2) function that can find the second largest value in a list?

Not sure if itโ€™s MAX( LIST(1, 2, 3) )

Cheers

Try:

INDEX(SORT(LIST(1, 2, 3), TRUE), 2)

See also:

In case there are duplicate value in the list, this may help as well.

max({1,2,3}-list(max({1,2,3})))

Thanks for the suggestions @tsuji_koichi
Iโ€™ve read the help doc on MAX(LIST(1, 2, 3)); however, Iโ€™m not understanding where the list string goes.

Hereโ€™s my formula which gives me the MAX value of my distance which totally works! However, how can I modify this to find the SECOND LARGEST distance using this MAX(LIST(1,2,3) formula?

MAX(
SELECT(ACTIVITY DATA[DISTANCE] , AND([EMAIL]=USEREMAIL(), [ACTIVITY]=โ€œRIDEโ€ ) )
)

Untested

max(SELECT(ACTIVITY DATA[DISTANCE] , AND([EMAIL]=USEREMAIL(), [ACTIVITY]=โ€œRIDEโ€ ) )-list(max(SELECT(ACTIVITY DATA[DISTANCE] , AND([EMAIL]=USEREMAIL(), [ACTIVITY]=โ€œRIDEโ€ ) ))))

Try:

INDEX(
  SORT(
    SELECT(
      ACTIVITY DATA[DISTANCE],
      AND(
        [EMAIL]=USEREMAIL(),
        [ACTIVITY]=โ€œRIDEโ€
      ),
      TRUE
    ),
    TRUE
  ),
)

Thanks @Steve this worked! And thanks for linking the help docs. Iโ€™ll learn this index and sort function more. Cheers.

Top Labels in this Space