Purpose string camera

Hi there. I’m trying to publish my first app at the Apple Store and I’m having a hard time because of the camera.
Basically, they replied:
"We continue to notice that your app requests the user’s consent to access the camera and photos but does not clarify the use of the camera and photos in the applicable purpose string.
To help users understand why your app is requesting access to their personal data, all permission request alerts in your app should specify how your app will use the requested feature.
Next Steps
Please revise the relevant purpose string in your app’s Info.plist file to specify why the app is requesting access to the camera and photos. Make sure the purpose string includes an example of how the user’s data will be used.
You can modify your app’s Info.plist file using the property list editor in Xcode".

What am I suppose to do? I really don’t know how to address this issue because I don’t think I can change the purpose string, can I?
Thank you so much,
Rafaela

0 7 850
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Rafaela_Gutierrez, when you submit the white labeling request, use the “Camera Usage Description” field to provide the purpose for using the camera.

Hi Gil,
Thanks for replying.
I couldn’t find this field. Would you mind to inform me where can I find it?
Big thanks!
Rafaela

It’s the same form you submitted to generate you white label app the first time. You can find it in your editor under Manage -> Deploy -> White-label -> For iOS.
You’ll need to click the “Disable or update the white-label version of this app for iOS devices” button to be able to submit a new request.

Thank you so much for your help!
I’ll try it!

Were you successful? I’m attempting to do the same and getting same issue with App Store approval. Was curious if I had to rebuild the app through the Appsheet white label process or access the needed edits through cracking open the ipa file using Xcode. I’m not really sure how to do this but assumed i would learn as I go.

Hope you were successful!

We posted ours awhile back, didn’t have any issues. We’re about to run an update, I’ll try and let you know how it goes.

@Mike_T, You’ll need to submit a new request from the editor, I wouldn’t recommend trying to modify the existing ipa yourself.

Top Labels in this Space