QR Code Versatility

Hi,

I have a hotel that needs maintenance.
We have several engineers, foremen, and technicians.
We have a 3-star hotel with 200 rooms to begin with.

I would like to tag each room with a specific QR code.

Say a QR code for Room 1 and so forth.

When a technician of mine scans the QR code, i would like him to have a list of items that needs to be maintained appear in a single view.

Say Room 1 has furnitures, lightbulbs, AC, fridge and toilet.

So, when the customer from Room 1 reports a broken lightbulb, the technician can quickly scan the QR code of the room, and all of the assets are available in the single view for him to select and create a Work Order from without having him to key in one by one the details of the lightbulb.

How is this possible?

My impression is that, I will have to create a parent sheet with QR code and Room Number attached.

However since AppSheet works in rows, I cant possibly list down of each of the roomโ€™s assets in rows, as different Room will have different assets.

I think you know where Iโ€™m coming from.

What is the viable and easiest solution that Iโ€™m not seeing here?

Thank you.

1 11 840
11 REPLIES 11

You could create this functionality with Parent/Child structure where the room is a Parent and all assets are child records so you can show them as an inline view when opening the room detail view. You could find the correct room with the search function from the upper right corner.

Another solution could be NFC tags. With the NFC you can open the app and detail view directly if you just place the phone close enough. It will do that even if the app is not opened at all.

Wow! How is that possible Aleksi???

You can do that when saving this kind of value to your NFC tagโ€ฆ this is a formula in virtual column which is converting the existing Key columnโ€™s value for you tag.

CONCATENATE(โ€˜www.appsheet.com/start/2sd9c20b-7b70-4a42-a3cb-496b93e98c9f#table=Rooms&page=detail&defaults={"โ€™,โ€˜RO...โ€™)

This is awesome @Aleksi thank you.

Hi @Aleksi Iโ€™m struggling with the expression. Can you explain the part with defaults? Why do we need curly brackets and colon? I didnโ€™t find any article about defaultsโ€ฆ

Youโ€™re welcome

Basically you can do the same with the QR codeโ€ฆ you just need to read the link with another QR code reader in your mobile device.

One way to write it is likeโ€ฆ

CONCATENATE(
โ€œhttps://www.appsheet.com/start/2ac97179-5aa7-4ca3-bce5-12jhtchd7ts5?refresh=1&wipe=1โ€,
LINKTOROW(2,โ€œData_Detailโ€))

Wow thank you.
What does refresh and wipe mean?

Could you explain what this formula is for?

CONCATENATE(
โ€œhttps://www.appsheet.com/start/2ac97179-5aa7-4ca3-bce5-12jhtchd7ts5?refresh=1&wipe=1โ€,
LINKTOROW(2,โ€œData_Detailโ€))

I also did not understand very well how I do to open appsheet just by approaching the NFC card

Bahbus

What Aleksi is saying is that if you go to the View that contains the Parent room you can get the hyperlink to that specific view within your app. Using that link as Aleksi is describing you can craft a QR or NFC tag that will open the hyperlink. I assume, if the AppSheet is installed on the device it sees the link and redirects to opening the app and going to the View specified.

Top Labels in this Space