QR scanning via search box

I have modified the timesheet sample app. I want to be able to scan a qr code in order to clock the workers out.

can i disable the click option for the items in the clock out window and use the search feature to locate the employee, then clock them out. The search does what i want, but can i restrict persons from simply clicking on anyname to clock out?

0 4 574
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

Hi Brent - in order to restrict app users to only see their information, try using a slice or security filter for the view, filtering the table to only show records that contain the app users email. An example of a filtering expression would be: [email]=USEREMAIL()

No, you misunderstood me. That already works. I want to scan the qr code to select the worker instead of simply clicking it.

Scanning the QR code will only let you search for a record in the current view of this list. So if you scan the QR code for Brent Meade, then youโ€™ll see that record only and not the other one. However, youโ€™ll still need to click on the Brent Meade record to edit it. In that setting, you donโ€™t want to prevent clicking on it or you wonโ€™t be able to update the record after your QR scan.

Could make a Clock Out form that auto-progresses and auto-saves with the only field being the QR code field. This would only let them clock out people that they have the QR code for.

Top Labels in this Space