- Saving us so much time in not having to build out various interaction methods to get input from a user
I’ve only lightly touched using this new feature, but I’ve already got some QOL updates that would really go a long way.
1) Center the pop up on the screen
When used on a PC, the popup appears in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Users report it’s weird to have it there instead of the middle of the screen.
2) Auto-Save (true/false)
The biggest complaint I’ve gotten so far is that you have to hit the save button to close the “form”
- If another parameter could be introduced, one that would allow us to initiate something essentially the same as the “auto-save” setting for forms, this would go a long way to smoothing out some interactions.
3) Popup Label
- It would be nice if there was a way to put a “header” at the top of the popup
- Many times the reason you’re doing the input is because you’re getting an answer from the user
- The “Description” or “Display Name” might not be the place to put this information, as sometimes you need to put literal instructions inside the description - to tell people “how” to input data.
- Or if there’s multiple fields within the INPUT space, it’s helpful to have a reminder of “what you’re doing here”
4) Finishing View
- Just like in a form, it would be nice to be able to specify a different view to go to when the popup is saved
I realize that most these could be “solved” by implementing an actual Form view (since it has each of these things already)…
- and in some ways, an “easier” way to get there
As always, thanks for considering!