Query on Sample App

Hi. I have a requirement to capture Sales Order Data and the sample app at the link below looks like what I might need.
https://www.appsheet.com/samples/An-app-for-managing-customers-products-and-orders

The issue I have is I can’t seem to work out how the ‘Add’ button/link (for Order Details column in the Orders Table) is made available to the user in the form. I have attached a screenshot so if someone could describe how this is achieved I would be grateful.

Thank you.

2X_0_09dcd728c05d8946a4edbc1301460995db22ee48.png

0 7 376
  • UX
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @MauriceWhelan

Check out Is Part OF

Hi @Lynn

Thank you for that. I was wondering what that option did.

Hi @Lynn

I have this working now, thank you but I have a follow up question if that is ok? When products from the Order Details form and the user is returned to the Orders table is there a way to change the fields (from the Order Details table) that are shown. The sample app is showing the Order Detail ID & Order ID, similar to mine now. However I would like to show [Product Code], [Product Description], and [Qty] if possible. I have tried tinkering with the Sales_Orders_Line_Items_Inline view in my Application but I am only seeing the Record ID and the Order ID.

Could you help?

Thank you.

Hi @MauriceWhelan
If you haven’t solved this already I will have a look at it tonight. (10hrs)

Hi @Lynn.

Haven’t been back to it since my post. Will look at it again tomorrow but if you had any insight in the mean time I would be very grateful.

Thank you.

Maurice.

Hi @MauriceWhelan
You can add a new column to the “Order Details” table called Description and regenerate.
Column type Text or long text. App formula [Product Id].[Product Description]
The descriptions wont show until you edit the entry or fill them in on the G sheet and sync the app. Adjust the columns you want o view in the editor.

Thank you @Lynn

Top Labels in this Space