Question about Ref column Drop downs

Hello guys is there maybe a way I can add a date(Permit Date Column) in backets or something next to my key in the drop when using a ref column?

something like this?

or maybe another suggestion , basically they need to see the bc number(key) and the date to know which is the right one?

Solved Solved
0 5 167
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

One approach is to make the Date column a label column. However, I suspect you have many records with one date value. So Date as label may not work. If so, you may explore the below approach.

You could create a VC in the parent table with an expression something like CONCATENATE([Existing Key Column], " - ", [Permit Date Column]) and please assign it as a label column. This label column will display in the dropdown showing dates as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

One approach is to make the Date column a label column. However, I suspect you have many records with one date value. So Date as label may not work. If so, you may explore the below approach.

You could create a VC in the parent table with an expression something like CONCATENATE([Existing Key Column], " - ", [Permit Date Column]) and please assign it as a label column. This label column will display in the dropdown showing dates as well.

oh wow this work great thanks very very much

I works but when i save the label turn off again?

Yes, the child tableโ€™s back end sheet will save only the key. If you wish to pull in the label as well, please use a dereference expression ([Ref Column].[Label Column]) in the child table in another column.

this work like a charm , use this if you guys plan to use more than one label

thanks for the help again

Top Labels in this Space