Question about show-type column for conditional branching

Snoopy
Participant II

I understood that with a show-type column of category page-header and its` show-if expression you can show or hide all the columns between this show-type column and the next-in-line in the spreadsheet table (intended for conditional branching). But the effect of setting the show-if condition to FALSE is that only the page-header disappears, but not the page (brake) as such. Applying the show-if condition to the column input fields does not help, either, but only leads to a blank page, and I still need to click on next to proceed.
So what did I miss ?
What I want to achieve is filling a table where one piece of information only needs to be specified once, at the beginning (like location). Thx.

0 4 216
4 REPLIES 4

Snoopy
Participant II

MultiTech
Participant V

You cannot hide the first page when utilizing multiple pages.

If youโ€™re only going to have one field on the page at a time, I would suggest utilizing show if formulas instead of splitting things into pages.

• Column2โ€™s Show if = isnotblank([Column1])
  • Column3โ€™s Show if = isnotblank([Column2])
  • etc.

Pages are helpful when youโ€™ve got a grouping of fields that have some sort of similar theme or something.

Good to know, and thanks for the tip - perhaps the AppSheet team could mention this (more prominently ?) in their documention.

MultiTech
Participant V

@Steve

Top Labels in this Space