Question about syncing. Is there a way to sc...

Question about syncing.

Is there a way to schedule a sync, say once a day? I don’t see that option under Behavior->Offline/Sync so I imagine it’s not possible currently. I’ve been field-testing the app and it’s turned out users can forget to sync. Because of connectivity issues in the field syncing-as-you-go is not an option.

If I set up scheduled email reports, will that trigger a save-and-sync?

0 11 668
11 REPLIES 11

+Charlie Wells if you turn on offline syncing along with delayed sync and automatic background updates, when there is no connectivity, users can record data but it will automatically sync and push the data back to the server when it goes online again.

@Levent_KULACOGLU thanks, that’s great to know!

+Charlie Wells in general I see issues with items updating correctly after sync I’ve tested it fairly extensively, and it seems very random as to what works and what doesn’t. So I just leave it off

+Charlie Wells also check the sync on start option, so that user will always have the fresh data

@Levent_KULACOGLU thanks! Here are the settings I’ve been using; I was missing Automatic Updates.

+Charlie Wells I believe you might not need the last 3 options at the bottom

+Charlie Wells yeah, watch out for Delta sync

RezaRaoofi
Participant V

+Charlie Wells and the answer to your second question is NO; running a scheduled report will not trigger save/sync; that is done on the server side and independently from app’s front-end.

@RezaRaoofi Thanks!

@Grant_Stead uh oh. Why is that? I don’t have any external formulas in my spreadsheets. I did get a warning that delta sync doesn’t apply to tables with security filters, which I use to filter data so that the operator only sees the data for the current day (we build up data daily that sync into the backend, which adds up).

I guess that means I don’t need it since it won’t work on the table I intend it for. Doh.

Thanks!

Top Labels in this Space