Question how do i get a workflow to work when...

Question how do i get a workflow to work when a child/related record gets updated? I can’t seem to find the documentation to do it or any posts for it so if someone knows how, it will be much appreciated.

0 6 450
6 REPLIES 6

I believe the easiest solution could be an action with a suitable condition check.

@Aleksi_Alkio how would I go about doing that?

Or… reading the last DateTime value from your child records with the virtual column and then trigger the workflow if the MAX DateTime value is changed.

If you have a DateTime field in your child table with an appformula NOW(), you can then read the max value with the virtual app formula like MAX(SELECT([VirtualColumnList][DateTime],TRUE)). If this virtual column name is [MAX], you could fire the workflow with a formula like AND(ISNOTBLANK([MAX]),[_THISROW_BEFORE].[MAX]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[MAX])

ok i got everything except the condition on the workflow - and i guess if i dont put a condition it will seriously increase the sync time if i just left it to all changes with max value updating…right?

That’s correct. If you need to check only few columns in your child record, instead of using normal app formula, you should think about the ChangeTimestamp field because with that you can control columns.

Top Labels in this Space