Question on ChangeTimestamp. I have it set u...

Question on ChangeTimestamp.

I have it set up and it’s working correctly, tied to a “last updated” date field.

but i notice a change on the same day gets me nothing.

We will have people updating status for certain items multiple times a time but only want to capture the most recent date/time updated.

What’s the best way to do this?

0 9 421
9 REPLIES 9

Curious, how are you calculating, last updated… Also you should change your last updated to a datetime format. (If you need date elsewhere your can use the new DATE () explain, or out or in a virtual column.

It’s just a date field, where user would manually set date then changetimestamp would update.

obviously not right.

so i tried adding a behavior to update it.

Do i need to set an action that clears the date first?

The Change timestamp won’t update because it’s a date field. It will update it only if the column’s value is changed.

@Aleksi_Alkio I think that if you have a change timestamp, and you don’t point it to any column, and put no conditions, it’ll update to show the most recent edit?

help.appsheet.com - Tracking Changes Using ‘Change’ Column Types Tracking Changes Using ‘Change’ Column Types help.appsheet.com

@Tammi_Canelli, what exactly are you trying to accomplish?

If you want the timestamp for any change to the row, don’t tie the ChangeTimestamp column to any field. With no columns specified, it’ll update if any column changes.

Myself, I don’t use the ChangeTimestamp column type to track row edits; instead, I create a simple DateTime (normal, not virtual) column with an App formula of =now(). This column is set anew each time the row is modified.

@Grant_Stead I assume that the date field is the only column for that Change Timestamp field.

Thank you everyone.

We have to report on certain information elements when activated and depending on level of activation the updates could happen 4 to 6 times in a 24hr period.

The sheet that was setup is tied to a dashboard in smartsheet with just one date col and one time col for last updated.

I will remove the connection to the date col and see if that works.

tony1

@Tammi_Canelli This example app might be helpful for you: appsheet.com - Change Columns - Keep track of when columns change Change Columns - Keep track of when columns change appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space