Question regarding Decimal and Price Column T...

Question regarding Decimal and Price Column Types … I do NOT want the step value shown on the form view or in quick edit. I just want the user to enter the numbers and have the decimal automatically find it’s location or add zeros after the decimal if a whole number is used. How can I obtain this? I don’t want the numbers to increase incrementally by the use of the +/- on the right side of the column when editing the numbers.

Thanks in advance!

0 10 1,672
  • UX
10 REPLIES 10

Currently only for Number column type you can set NumberDisplayMode to Label which it will remove +/- buttons, but it is not available for Price and Decimal; you can request for it: https://www.appsheet.com/feature-requests

Has there been any work done to correct the decimal issue. I need the decimal to ALWAYS display even if the tenth’s or hundredth’s have a value of 0.

As long as decimal digits in the column definition for Decimal and Price columns is set to 2, users will see e.g. 12.00 even if they enter 12, but this will be displayed in detail view after saving the form.

The last time @praveen replied you on this post, and I think back then he wanted to check further with @Adam:

Reza2

Just attaching Praveen’s last comment on that thread in case the link to Google+ becomes invalid in the near future:

Even in detail view after the fact it is showing a whole number 6 rather than 6.00
I understand what you are saying about overwriting, but it should allow the decimal to find it’s place whether or not the uses uses a decimal while they are typing they should see that the place marker is there and required during their input.

Hmm, you made me test it again, and I got 6.00 for both Price and Decimal column types in detail view; are you sure Decimal digits is set to 2?

1X_24939c9a834fa8d13b524a7eaa7eaaa9e82e3527.png

Positive, entered this yesterday.

My value on the actual Spreadsheet is correct in part due to the number format in the cell.
I need it to display properly in the app as well or the point is mute.

The Amount column in your app is QuickEdit, so after saving it will still show it like a from input in detail view.

OK, but this is the method that I need for the proper use. Should it matter if it was a form or quick edit? Regardless, I need it to show the decimal placement. So now what? It is a price amount that is regulated by tenths and hundredths … should be standard.

Top Labels in this Space