Questions about Predicative Models

I encountered some questions when using the AppSheet Predictive Models function, please tell me your advising.

1. The time for data training is too long. I did the data training for several times and every time it took more than 5 or 6 hours. The training data are in 720 cells (60 lines x 12 columns), I donโ€™t think this data is very large. But why the training takes so long time?

2. After 5 or 6 hours when the training finished, in the model summary it says โ€œYour model took 7 minutes to trainโ€. Why the time is different from the reality?

3. After using the predictive model, the predicted data are not input into the spreadsheet automatically. Is this normal or ?

Solved Solved
0 3 211
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @wenli

It seems to be taking a long time to create the model.
I donโ€™t know why, but in my case, with 9 columns and 1003 rows of data, it took a few minutes.
โ€œYour model took 5 minutes to train.โ€, but I remember it was shorter.

It may not be a stable function yet, so if you create another application again and create the same model, the result may change.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @wenli

It seems to be taking a long time to create the model.
I donโ€™t know why, but in my case, with 9 columns and 1003 rows of data, it took a few minutes.
โ€œYour model took 5 minutes to train.โ€, but I remember it was shorter.

It may not be a stable function yet, so if you create another application again and create the same model, the result may change.

Hi @wenli ,

It is unusual for training to take that long, and that isnโ€™t a great experience for you. We strive to do better and will look deeper into what may have happened in your case.

The reason this can happen is the training flow is a queue based system. Typically the queue isnโ€™t too busy and your job will schedule quickly. It may have been an unfortunate circumstance, or some issue with the delivery that lead to the long delay. This also explains why the reported training time of 7 minutes is not aligned with the experience of several hours.

As for your last question. To automatically have the model populate data you need to use the model in the initial condition of the column. There is an option to add that after training automatically, or else you can always add it manually.

Thanks and let us know if you have other questions.

Hello @Philip_Stephens @Takuya_Miyai

Thanks for your prompt reply.
I did the training again and this time the training finished within several minutes. Q
As Stephens said, maybe some queue happened during the trainings done before.

best regards,
Wang Wenli

Top Labels in this Space