Questions about the product

Hi all,

Seeing as though I haven’t been able to get a product demo via a phone rep, I wanted to do my due diligence and ask my questions on here. Thanks in advanced for the help.

1. Does AppSheet offer google groups integration for notifications?
  2. Does AppSheet allow for managed integration of ADs? If so which types?
  3. What are some advanced data visualization method you all are using?
  4. When working with data are you all able to switch over to historic data visualizations on a whim? If not, how are you all addressing looking at retro data charts/visualizations?

Thank you!

Sachin

0 6 249
6 REPLIES 6

TDhers
Participant V

Good morning Sachin,
My name is THierry D’hers and I run engineering for Appsheets clients teams. @kamila is a PM on the team working currently on the first two question you asked. This is in progress and some of this will be coming very soon. I will let her describe it further.
Regarding the 2 last questions. We have some basic visualization capabilities built in the product today. We are currently working through a major facelift of it to make the authoring of chart easier and more powerful in Appsheet. But most chart will still be variations of line chart, bar chart, scatter plots and pie/donut chart. We will just offer more customization options for it.
We do also integrate with other BI platform like PowerBI or Tableau since they offer Iframing capabilities. We hope that Looker will offer Iframe support eventually which will make it possible for Appsheet views to be hosted in their dashboard at some point.
The Data visualization support in Appsheet covers any and all data accessible by Appsheet (contain in the datasource that Appsheet app is built on)
Was there any specific type of visualization capabilities you are interested in particular? I am happy to drill down in this area which I am personally very excited and passionate about (due to my own past experiences when I was part of Microsoft BI team and Tableau team).
Thierry

Hello Sachin - to add to Thierry’s response.
As a part of the business subscription, AppSheet integrates with both Google Groups and Active Directory.
The integration with Google Groups allows to use them for authentication, access roles, and sharing. We are currently working on expanding the integration to enable admins to manage their organizations, subscription, and policies based on Google Groups - all of which currently happens at the domain level.
As far as AD - we integrate with it as identity provider and manager (a bit more detail here).

I’d like to learn more about your use case and ask for a few more details - can you tell me a bit more about what you’re trying to accomplish with both Google Groups and AD? My email is kamila@appsheet.com.

Hi Kamila, would you be free for a quick phone call?

Thanks,

Sure, I’d love to talk. Would you mind emailing me with some times you have available and we will schedule a call? I’ll invite one of my colleagues from the sales team too.

I’m free for the rest of the day today.

I’m free before 2 and after three tomorrow.

Thanks,

Sachin Koorathota,

Top Labels in this Space