Quick Edit

I like the Quick Edit (beta) feature. However when used on my primary table view I want to add an action when the Quick Edit view is saved. Since it is a table and not a form under Event Actions it says row selected instead of Form Saved. Is there a way to access the Save action on Quick Edit table view? I donโ€™t even see a separate view for Quick Edit table.

0 16 797
  • UX
16 REPLIES 16

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Actions cannot be used with Quick Edit.

Why is there a save button then? Isnโ€™t that an action?

Nope.

Thanks Steve! I have a child row that needs to updated when the parent row is updated. Is there a way that can be accomplished from the quick edit view?

The best you could do is use a workflow that triggers on the parent row change, then performs an action on the appropriate child rows. But a workflow wonโ€™t happen until a sync occurs, so there would be a delay.

I already tried it with a workflow but never got it to work. In the workflow log it says there is an error that says โ€œError: Perform DataAction โ€˜Update Strokes Rowโ€™ failed because Row having key โ€˜b2487abdโ€™ in table โ€˜A_Flight_Scoringโ€™ in field โ€˜Teamโ€™ โ€˜Editable_Ifโ€™ condition returned โ€˜falseโ€™โ€. I have the editable_if condition in the child rows so users canโ€™t edit them since they are formulas. The key listed in the error isnโ€™t even the key for the row I updated. My data action โ€˜update strokes rowโ€™ works only on a row that has a set label like โ€œPointsโ€. The workflow doesnโ€™t seem to know what row I updated. If I invoke that action directly from an action button it works fine. Any idea what is happening.

If I remove all of the editable ifโ€™s it works but of course the users can edit these fields. Is there any way to limit the users access but allow the workflow or system access? Also it looks like the workflow works on the entire table and not just a row.

You could use the following Editable? expression rather than just FALSE:

("Server" = CONTEXT("Host"))

See also:

That worked!!! Thanks Steve.

This function should return -1 instead it returns 0. FLOOR(-1/18) Is there an issue?

Try this

Floor(-1.0/18.0)

Thanks. I just used the DECIMAL() function and that fixed it. FLOOR(DECIMAL(-1)/18)

yeah, technically the same things.

For reference:

Can you adapt your case to somehow use workflows instead ?!

I am not sure how one would do that.

Top Labels in this Space