Quick Question... Public White label apps ca...

Quick Question…

Public White label apps can still have user login with their own unique information, correct? That said, do they have to have a google/dropbox/etc account? Can someone download my white label app, login with a yahoo or hotmail account, and be good to go?

My app has a schedule, with different class options for each time slot. Users select which classes they want to attend and it shows up in their “my classes” view. This all works great as a prototype app (though they have to have a gmail address). I just want to make sure it will be the same FOR ANY EMAIL if I publish it white label.

1 6 733
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Tara_Holladay, no, there are only a standard set of allowed auth/signin providers. Yahoo is not one of them. However, hotmail works ( ---- they sign in via ‘Office365’).

Is there a way to have a white label app WITH user sign-in? I tried to deploy on the publisher-pro plan and it said I couldn’t because I had user sign-in. What are my options?

I want to have the app in the appstore for attendees of a conference to download on their own (I don’t have a list of emails for who will be attending), and select what classes they are going to (among other things). I’m pretty sure I need the user sign-in to keep everyone’s class selections private to their own device. If I want to keep that feature the same, would I have to email the app link to all the attendees and have them go through the appsheet app to use it?

May I ask this… where do you need that data for the user if he/she has already filled the form? If they need to know it, you could send that with an email when they have saved the form.

@Aleksi_Alkio that wouldn’t really work because the “form” is really just selecting a referenced class that adds to an intermediary table. There are 12 class periods, with 4 different options to choose from in each period. So they’re have 12 emails. Here’s a pic of what I want (and currently have), I just don’t know how to keep it with a public app.

Each user can “add” a class to their schedule. (Those selections get put into an intermediary table with columns [class] & [userEmail]. Then when they look at the full schedule, the classes they selected get a green check mark next to them. They only see the ones they selected, not anybody else’s.

Is there any way for users to see their filtered selections in a white label public app that doesn’t require user sign-in?

When the app is public, everybody can see the data. If that’s okay, you can use Usersettings & slice for that purpose. Please remember that Usersettings IS NOT a password-based signin mechanism. Passwords need a higher level of security and such use violates Appsheet’s terms of use.

Top Labels in this Space