Ran into a snag today. Show If formulas in T...

Ran into a snag today.

Show If formulas in Table Views suddenly stopped functioning today.

My formula (IN(Useremail(),Managers[email])) calculate properly in tests, but Appsheet no longer shows the table view when TRUE.

I see there are other changes regarding Useremail() usage. Does anybody know if this could affect this instance or what has changed?

My app is still a prototype and requires user sign-in.

0 14 360
  • UX
14 REPLIES 14

this formula stopped working too

IN(USEREMAIL(), SELECT(ะŸะžะ›ะฌะ—[ะŸะพั‡ั‚ะฐ], IN([ะ ะพะปัŒ],{โ€œะะดะผะธะฝโ€,โ€œะœะตะฝะตะดะถะตั€โ€})))

This is a big problem for me. Please, help!!! Translate

โ€œShow ifโ€ condition โ€œCOUNT(SELECT(D to W[Word], [Validation]=1))=0โ€ suddenly stopped working on UXs in my app:

plus.google.com - Something that has been working without a hitch for months is suddenly not woโ€ฆ Something that has been working without a hitch for months is suddenly not woโ€ฆ plus.google.com

@Deep_Foundations My app is working again.

If you open your app on the web browser (the editing platform), doesnโ€™t it work there now?

@Deep_Foundations It should be fixed now, you may need to close and restart the app if you still see the problem.

@Kirk_Masden when you test the expression in the editor (where it opens a new window with the result for each row), you can click the blue icon under the result to expand it, this shows the intermediate results computed by the different sub-expressions.

@Adam_Stone_AppSheet Ah, I see that I had blocked pop up windows on Safari (Mac user).

My problem is solved now.

Perhaps some sort of message for users who have blocked pop-up windows would be useful.

The fix worked for my app too.

Thank you!

@Kirk_Masden is this on a column or a view? edit: nevermind, I misread, โ€˜on UXsโ€™ I take would mean itโ€™s a view condition. @app_ic339 is this also a Show_If, and is it on a column or view?

Thanks @Adam_Stone_AppSheet!

Yes, on a view.

I think I see the problem. Iโ€™ll try to get a fix out in the next few minutes.

Great!!

Much appreciated!

Weโ€™re releasing an update now with a fix. You may need to fully close and relaunch the app to make sure the update is applied. Thanks for reporting the issue.

My app is working again.

Thanks!!

By the way, @Adam_Stone_AppSheet, I wonder if there is any way that the โ€œtestโ€ function on the expression assistant could work more like a real tester โ€“ giving concrete feedback as to what numbers, etc are being calculated.

In comparison with spreadsheets, I feel like Iโ€™m working in the dark with expressions.

Obviously, such testing capability is particularly useful for debugging but I think itโ€™s also necessary for building more complicated expressions.

@Adam_Stone_AppSheet will this be fixed soon?

Top Labels in this Space