Randomly request image in form

I’m doing a QC form and I want my form to request a photo every 4 entires or randomly instead on every form. Any ideas how to get it done? I been missing around with a host of different formulas and nothing works ;-(

0 9 144
9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the AppSheet community.

Could you please further elaborate your requirement so that the community could help with a solution if feasible.

Thank you, I have a QC form built in appsheet. The last two questions are requesting an image. So 39 static questions, and two images.

I like to validate the QC so I want the form to randomly add a request for an image in every 4 forms opened.

Currently the user scans a QR code that is attached to our part and answers 39 qc questions regarding quality and submits. I want to add an image request but i don’t want it in every entry

Thank you. So is the understanding correct that if the users open and save a form A - either different 4 users one after the other, then one of them gets a request to upload an image. Alternatively if one user opens the form A consecutively 4 times and saves, then in one of those open/save operations he gets a request to upload an image.

Also is the image required to be any specific image or it can be any image?

Its 2 image fields and can be anything not normally two side views

I believe it may not be very trivial to implement it. A possible approach could be by using RANDBETWEEN() and equating it with row numbers in Show_if and or required_if of image column.

However, RANDBETWEEN() will recalculate on every instance of saved record’s form opening later on. So some sort of approach to disable RANDBETWEEN() calculation after form saves for the first time may be required.

A consecutively 4 times and saves, then in one of those open/save operations he gets a request to upload an image. that’s what I can’t get it to do., idk what else to try

In what way are your attempts failing?

The image is never requested?

The image is requested every time?

The image isn’t requested frequently enough?

The image is requested too frequently?

I would imagine the column for the intermittently-requested image would have an Editable? expression like this:

OR(
  ISNOTBLANK([_THIS]),
  (MOD([_ROWNUMBER], 4) = 0)
)

The image is requested every time?

got it working its doing 3/2/3

Top Labels in this Space