Re-ordering the Workflow Actions

Hello @Phil
It could be very nice, provide we can have the flexibility of re-ordering the multiple actions in a workflow, just like we can do in slices. Is this possible and relatively easy to give an update? It can save a lot of development time actually. Thanks for considering.

Solved Solved
0 11 438
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ok, so this feature is now implemented, is there a way to mark completion of a feature request in this forum?

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Hi Levent,

I agree completely. I even tried to implement it on three separate occasions, but my UI programming skills were not up to it. I may try to give it another shot.

Thanks for your prompt input @Phil, highly appreciated. What UI programming language are you using? Provided @praveen permits, I would be delighted to help with the development.

@LeventK This is implemented now using the โ€œRearrangeโ€ button in a workflow?

Nope. Thaโ€™s something different totally. Itโ€™s not different than rearranging column order in detail views or rearrenging format rules or rearranging menu view itemsโ€ฆLetโ€™s you put your actions in a specific order whilst executed, thatโ€™s all.

Iโ€™m having a hard time understanding your latest comment, ie. how โ€œwe can have the flexibility of re-ordering the multiple actions in a workflowโ€ is different than โ€œLetโ€™s you put your actions in a specific order whilst executedโ€?

Iโ€™m trying to understand your initial request better. Are you asking for the list of items in the โ€œDo thisโ€ section of a workflow to be reordered (which the โ€œRearrangeโ€ button does)? Or something else? If it is something else, could you elaborate?

@Stephen_Ehmann
I might have mis-understood your question as I believe I was reading a similar post from you and thought that I was answering there. Sorry for that. Your statement:

Thatโ€™s correct.

ok, so this feature is now implemented, is there a way to mark completion of a feature request in this forum?

I believe they donโ€™t mark like it. But AppSheet team always makes posts for the new features under Announcements tag.

@Steve has been doing something for fulfilled feature requests. I believe just changing the category of the thread.

Will that mean we can get our votes back ?

We think so.

Top Labels in this Space