I tested GA version of this feature and functionalities, I see improvement from preview, but still invite the clarification from Google.
Firstly, we can set this virtual table to permit add, delete, update, read only.
Yes, once we set all rights, then we are able to add new row (upload new files) to the source folder. And I also tested a few.
- Run Automation based on add new row even to this table. It worksed as expected.
- Save the new file to folder directly. BOT DID not run. Seems BOT is not able to listen the event happning outside app.
- We are not change the data on this table, while we are able to set table to update. Yes, form view is to open to edit row data. I did make a change, and save. But it revert to the original data set upon sync. (Encounter error at the end)
- Basicall the table is not EDITABLE as a whole, so we are not able to generate BOT, triggered by update row event.
- Set the table row deletable. Delete the row on the app, and sync. Then we encounter error.
- On add new event is listened by BOT, and test bot sent me email. But the email body and attachment are all collapsed.
I m not sure all those stuffs I observed are expected and intended or not.
My impression is now that we can add new row (file) only so far, but unable to change meta file data, as well as delete files from app.
Hopeful someone specialist in Google advise to me.