Read Only - Columns

I ahve the following message that I do not understand: I have now setup the DATETIME format with NOW() initial value for my key column

The key column ‘_ID line’ of table 'Llist was marked ‘ReadOnly’. Since the table allows Adds, the key must be editable. We turned off the ‘ReadOnly’ option for this column.[MORE INFO]

But I can not see the ReadOnly property (On/Off) in my table ViewColumn view.

0 5 3,428
5 REPLIES 5

I’m not 100% sure what you mean but the key column should not be a Read_Only if you have an initial value as NOW(). If you want to set the whole table as Read_Only, you should always have a value in your key column and the initial value is then not needed.

Well, I do not know out to quit the read only option as I cannot find it in the options of Column Views of my Table.

How do I remove this info alert message : " The key column ‘xxxxx’ of table ‘xxxxxx’ was marked ‘ReadOnly’. Since the table allows Adds, the key must be editable. We turned off the ‘ReadOnly’ option for this column.[MORE INFO] whn i cannot find the read only option

Steve
Participant V

ReadOnly is the term used by an older version of the app editor; the error messages have not been updated to reflect the app editor’s evolution.

The current alternative to ReadOnly is Editable?: Editable? set to OFF is equivalent to ReadOnly set to ON.

In order to allow row adds, the key column must allow the app itself (at least) to set the key column’s value. Therefore, the Editable? property for the key column can NOT be set to OFF.

If you’d like to allow the app itself to set the key column value but prevent app users from doing so, set Editable? to the expression, FALSE.

Well… it is confusing, took me some time to find your explanation and solve the problem - thanks!
To remove the warning I had to uncheck the “editable” flag, recheck and save.

OK, Understood

Top Labels in this Space