Record audio from Appsheet

Is it possible, or could it be possible, to record an audio or voice memo directly from an appsheet screen in the same way that one can take photos and have them attached to the record?
I need to record inspection data in the field but there are far too many variables to make into fields (Time constraint for entering). If I could make voice memos attached to the record it would allow the office to have access more easily than is currently the case.

Solved Solved
16 32 5,281
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We have this functionality in our ToDo list but Iโ€™m afraid we donโ€™t have any specific timeline for that.

View solution in original post

32 REPLIES 32

We have this functionality in our ToDo list but Iโ€™m afraid we donโ€™t have any specific timeline for that.

Thanks very much for the info

I want to use this feature as a receipt when I advance money to my employes.

How can we vote for you to prioritize this feature ?

I'd like to see this functionality added as well.  Thanks

ื™ืฉ ื›ื‘ืจ ืชืืจื™ืš?

Good afternoon, Aleksi:

How soon will this functionality be live?

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Adam Wightman

Good afternoon, Aleksi:

How soon will this functionality be available with AppSheet?

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Adam

Any progress on this item? 

Nope.

Youโ€™re welcome

Hi @Marlene_Williamson You could record an Audio with an external App and upload that mp3 file to your App. Using the Column Type โ€œFileโ€.
You can refer to my sample App โ€œFilesโ€.
https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/549987

Even though the Filename extension will change to โ€œ.txtโ€, it will open the mp3 file without any problem.

(@praveen we have been talking about that changing of the Filename extension.)

Thanks Fabianโ€ฆIโ€™ll keep that in mind although it might be beyond my users capabilities! Perhaps a bit of training would sort that

Hi,
Iโ€™ve the same request.

Thanks.

recording audio from within the appsheet will enable my apps to compete with Whatsappโ€ฆ The whole thrust of Whatsapp is recording and sharing audio. This is such a helpful functionality!

@Jenner You would need to open new post as a feature request. This postโ€™s category is just โ€œQuestionsโ€.

Has an ETA for this functionality come forward?
I think it is an amazing feature, and matches up the the workorder template very well for a number of uses. I think one user has suggest its a vioce memo feature that given whats app a huge strength in communications. I think the same thing here.
@Aleksi

Hi @Aleksi, Has this feature made itโ€™s way onto the dev list yet by any chance?

Hi,
I agree with what was said earlier.
This feature is a big miss for Appsheetโ€ฆ

Could you tell us which kind of usage scenarios you have in mind?

I have an app that is used by language users (and, in the future, teachers). Being able to record audio would be helpful in my app if it were coupled with playing capability.

Here is an actual scenario in which this feature would be very helpful for us right now.

Our company works with rural workers in underdeveloped villages in Central American countries, mainly fishermen and farmers. Thanks to Starlink and AppSheet we have managed to step up their production and inventory processes, hand to hand with our company.
However, in the vast majority of the cases these people barely know how to read and donโ€™t know how to write. We have solved this using a very simple and intuitive design in our AppSheet apps but there are still some cases In which they need to leave a description, note or communicate anything to our team via the app. For this we used the solution @Fabian_Weller proposed, but it is not the most practical way.

I know this is a very very specific case but Iโ€™ve seen the same need in my wifeโ€™s work, in education, working with children that donโ€™t know how to write yet and they need to record an answer or activity from the child. 

My point is, this feature will solve a lot of scenarios in which the user finds it hard to write at that specific moment.

@Aleksi 

It is highly requested to please convert your to-do-list into our wish list , please add voice recording asap

I think this feature would be super helpful.

ื–ื” ืื•ืคืฆื™ื” ืžื‘ื•ืจื›ืช

ืื ื™ ื—ื•ืฉื‘ ืฉื™ื•ืขื™ืœ ืœื”ืจื‘ื” ืฆืจื›ื™ื

ืชื•ื“ื”

I need this feature to, please add this asap ๐Ÿ˜

Would be super helpful in many different scenarios, and it doesnโ€™t have to store whole audiobooks, it could have a maximum recording time of a minute or a minute and a half and it would be very helpful for it to have the capability of playing the recording in app too. 

+1. A highly wanted features that would take our App to the next level.

Before it's possible, alternatively, if you just sick of typing, you can use voice-keyboard already availabe on every device. It works really great and you also can make copies of the saved text when needed (you can't do this with sound files). Don't forget to set column type to 'long text'.

Yes please add functionality long overdue!

Any updates here?

I would love to have this too. I'm building apps for internal employee training content, and this would allow me to have sales reps do a quick audio recording from their device for their sales pitch.

Retool does this pretty great already today:

https://retool.com/components/microphone

CaseySpotOn_1-1701462343330.png

CaseySpotOn_2-1701462355610.png

CaseySpotOn_0-1701462323609.png

Top Labels in this Space