Records seem limited to 999 when selecting from inside same table

I’m working with a data table with over 7000 rows, table called “main”.
I create a new virtual column in that table with the expression
COUNT(main[_RowNumber]).
It returns the number 999.
I create a new virtual column in a different table with the same expression, it returns the actual count of number of rows; 7,000+
What is going on here?

This oddity is breaking a feature that I’m trying to implement because it means I can’t run a SELECT expression over the entire table from inside of that table.

1 10 527
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Marc_Dillon,

Yes ,my testing also showed results exactly ike yours.Within the same table, the count of any column expressions seems to be capped at 999 and having the COUNT expression in another table , it returns the correct higher count.

Thanks for the confirmation.

@Aleksi or @Steve any comment on this?

Hi @Marc_Dillon,
Are you seeing 999 in the test window? Or in the app itself?

In the test window.

Can you try showing this column in the app and see if you are getting the correct value?
The test window loads only 999 rows.

Ahh I see. I’ll have to test more later. Thanks.

OK, @Gil, it is working now, just a coincidence that I noticed that while the other thing wasn’t working. Although very confusing since the count does work, in a test window, across all 7k records when ran from a different table. I can understand not showing more than 999 records, but why would the expression not still work?

Thanks for the update @Marc_Dillon,
I agree this is confusing, I’ll share this with the rest of the team and see if we can fix it anytime soon.

My select expression is intended to get to the max row so I can deduct my current value and so to see the current update, But I can’t get past 1000 rows.

please help.

We experience a limit of 999 records in a Sec filter query going to SQL. It should be a limit of 2100 (in MS SQL) , but when using a IN() exprerssion with a SELECT/FILTER inside, it suddenly limits to 999. (If it exceeds 999, filtering is happening on AppSheet and is  much slower)

Could this be related??

Top Labels in this Space