Recovery Data userSettings How are the value...

Recovery Data userSettings

How are the values for userSettings set? My app has null values for _EMAIL,_NAME,_THISUSER. Yet I have a custom setting Email which is set to useremail().

0 7 425
7 REPLIES 7

User Settings are defined in the app editor in Data > User Settings, are changed by the user in the appโ€™s menu under Settings, and are referenced in expressions using USERSETTINGS(). User Settings: The Essentials help.appsheet.com

So you are saying that _RowNumber, _EMAIL, _NAME, _LOCATION, _THISUSER are all defined by Data > User Settings?

_RowNumber is set automatically; you have no control over it. _EMAIL, _NAME, _LOCATION, and _THISUSER are not built-in values, as far as I know. Therefore, if your app uses them, theyโ€™re being provided by your app, not by AppSheet.

Failing to find those settings documented. These are available in recovery data in the userSettings array. I donโ€™t have any specific declarations for these variables in the app. I am strongly thinking these are provided by default configuration. If I could get verification that these are not built-in and if they are, why they are not set to useremail(), username(), here(). Legacy?

What โ€œrecovery dataโ€ are you referring to? What โ€œuserSettings arrayโ€?

_recoveryData when a user presses โ€œShow Changesโ€

Ah. Those are internals. A developer will have to address that.

Top Labels in this Space