Recurring Twice a month

I’ve created a Recurring Client Database. The client shows up weekly in the view based upon the day assigned using the WEEKDAY expression. If I have a client that isn’t weekly and is every other week is there a way to add this to my expression. I’ve been looking at the WEEKNUM expression, but I was wondering would an expression be possible using whether it was an even or odd WEEKNUM? Then I could assign the client odd or even based upon what week they are assigned?

0 1 137
1 REPLY 1

For detecting odd and even values, you can use the MOD() function (short for modulo or modulus) to yield a binary result that you can then handle with an IF() statement. See the following examples (*each line represents a standalone expression):

MOD(1, 2) = 1
MOD(2, 2) = 0
MOD(3, 2) = 1
MOD(4, 2) = 0 ...etc

This is a good way to check against what week of the month it is. Notice that each odd week will output a 1 and each even week will output a 0.

Like I said above, you can then just handle the output above with an IF() statement and replace the first input of the MOD() function with a column determining which week of the month it is.

See the documentation below related to the MOD() function.

Top Labels in this Space