Redirect to a page and not display the back button

teambelair
Participant V

Hi All,

I have an action that trigger a redirection to another page. Is it possible to not see the back button anymore once the redirection is completed?

I would like to see this instead:
2X_e_eb962ff68ef8f0c60dc188a93a660b58d290f41e.png

The reason is that the user goes through many tables to complete one global activity. When heโ€™s done with, I simply want the user to see again the hamburger icon so he can do another activity. Today, the user is forced to click on the back button more than 3 times to see back the app menu.

I know itโ€™s a best practice to have page icons at the bottom instead in the menu area but I ran out of space. Side question: Will my users have to pay twice if I split the app in two apps so I can have 2 sets of page icons at the bottom and not use the menu?

Thanks,

Solved Solved
0 6 1,099
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Austin
Participant V

You could split the page icons at the bottom with a show if and have more than 5 views so view 1,2,3,4,5 show if [Value]=1, and views 6,7,8,9,10 show if [Value]=0. As for getting rid of the back arrow you have 2 options one is a button called return home but this will not get the menu icon back. The other option is for the user to click a page at the bottom, this will automatically bring back the menu icon in the top left.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Austin
Participant V

You could split the page icons at the bottom with a show if and have more than 5 views so view 1,2,3,4,5 show if [Value]=1, and views 6,7,8,9,10 show if [Value]=0. As for getting rid of the back arrow you have 2 options one is a button called return home but this will not get the menu icon back. The other option is for the user to click a page at the bottom, this will automatically bring back the menu icon in the top left.

No, but I posted this as a feature request. Control over the navigation stack.

Any luck with this? I need to have an action that takes me back to the home screen, where the menu is displayed, not a back arrow

Dan_Kunzer
Participant III

Have you had a solution to this issue?
I am experiencing the same thing.
After a form is completed and I ask the app to redirect to a table view, the back arrow is displayed instead of the hamburger menu. Having the back arrow placed here is not only irrelevant, but creates User confusion that is unnecessary. This needs to be corrected for functionality.

I didnโ€™t find a workaround. Still confusing the users.

I created a new thread, gonna try and rattle some cages. This is a useless function.
Thanks for your reply. Help me raise some attention to get this fixed, if you donโ€™t mind. Thanks!

Top Labels in this Space