REF OR LIST Hi, i'm building an app for the ...

REF OR LIST

Hi, i’m building an app for the invoices. In my app there are CUSTOMERS TABLE and LOCATIONS CUSTOMERS; the customers could have 1 or more Locations; In The INVOICES TABLE i would like to chose the LOCATION of Customers, i tried to insert REF- LOCATIONS CUSTOMERS and SHOW IF = CONTAINS([LOCATIONS CUSTOMERS[CUSTOMER],[CUSTOMER NAME]) but it shows all LOCATIONS CUSTOMER.

How can i resolve it? +Steve Coile

0 3 352
3 REPLIES 3

If your have a relationship between those tables, you can read the location with the Deref expression like… [Customer].[Location]

If you want the app user to choose from among a list of locations, put an expression that produces a list of values in the column’s Valid_If property.

=FILTER(

“LOCATIONS CUSTOMERS”,

([CUSTOMER] = [_THISROW].[CUSTOMER NAME]) )

This will gather rows from LOCATIONS CUSTOMERS where the CUSTOMER column value is the same as the current (INVOICES TABLE row) CUSTOMER NAME column value.

I would strongly encourage you to spend some more time reading through the documentation and experimenting a bit more. I’m concerned you may be stretching you current skill set a little far.

you’re absolutely right, I think it would be a mini video course generic, I’m only at my 5th app, I’ve already delivered 3, and I’m learning a lot. Thanks again for your support.

Top Labels in this Space