Ref_Rows Order_By I want to order the Childr...

Ref_Rows Order_By

I want to order the Children by [Date]. That would be helpful for my Workflow Template.

So in the Parent Table I changed the App Formula to

=ORDERBY(REF_ROWS(“TableNname” , “ColumnName”) , [Date])

This is working fine in the emulator.

But i recognized that the App looses connection between Parent and Child. When I add a new child, it will not be added to the parent.

Does anybody know how to order the Ref_Rows?

0 3 375
3 REPLIES 3

To control the order of the entries in the inline table in detail and form views, define table view in the ref position and set the order from the view. Do not use ORDERBY() around REF_ROWS().

I had the same problem. The solution is to go to the column where you have the Ref and put a validif statement.

Exemple:

Table 1 = orders Table 2 = products

When I add a product to the order I have the colimn id_product in the table orders that is Ref to column product.

If I want the product list sorted in the dropdown by the column product_name of the table products, I have to put in the ValidIf field of the column id_product in the table orders the formula: ORDERBY(products[id_product],[id_product])

Here is the app where I found this: appsheet.com - AppSheet : mobile apps from spreadsheets : Ordered Dropdown - AppSheet AppSheet : mobile apps from spreadsheets : Ordered Dropdown - AppSheet appsheet.com

+Steve Coile Thank you Steve for clarifying.

Top Labels in this Space