Here is the copy of the slice which is set to read only

Here are the result of my reference tables:
3X_2_3_23d4d2cf18b0c647456ac7ecf9f670000f7ff85a.png

Any thoughts?

Thank you.

Solved Solved
0 13 446
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I would just delete that Virtual column and create a new virtual column manually, and point the REF_ROWS to the slice. And see that the โ€œAddโ€ should be gone.

And Since there is no Row-Filter-Condition, both VC (system VC and the new VC) should shown the same items, only different is there is no โ€œAddโ€.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You havenโ€™t described a problem.

Hey Steve, Iโ€™m sorry. The first reference table (Photo #1) should read the slice (Photo #3) but based on my observation, the formula is not taking effect and ended reading the same as the (Photo #2). See the result on Photo #4.

That didnโ€™t help me understand at all.

Hey Steve.

1. This ref_rows targets the slice users_historys_slice wherein the update mode is set to read-only

3X_6_0_60ac2403f9bbb5408f0d3a38451c85f1fc3ffb68.png

1. This is the system generated ref_rows

3X_1_e_1e8d910efef0b3e5319d7df8af78a90b216149bb.png

Based on the conditions stated above, Iโ€™m getting the same results for Related users_historys_slice and Related users_historys
3X_2_3_23d4d2cf18b0c647456ac7ecf9f670000f7ff85a.png

What am I doing wrong?

Iโ€™m not sure youโ€™re doing anything wrongโ€“your results donโ€™t surprise me. What would you expect to be different?

Some things to consider:

• A slice consists of rows from the table itโ€™s built upon. The sliceโ€™s row filter may be used to exclude rows from the table, but ultimately, the slice will only ever include rows that exist within the table itโ€™s built on.

• The key column values of the rows in the slice will be the same as they are in the table, such that you could use a key column value from a slice row to look up the same row in the table (but not necessarily the other way around, because the sliceโ€™s filter may exclude some rows).

• REF_ROWS() is a shorthand way of asking, โ€œwhich rows in the given table (users_historys) or slice (users_historys_slice) refer to this row by the given column (users_pk)?โ€

• Because the table row and the slice row share the same columns, the users_pk column in both users_historys and users_historys_slice are exactly the same. if the slice includes all of the rows of the table, we would expect REF_ROWS() to produce identical results for both.

But, now that Iโ€™ve written all that and I look back on your screenshots and comments, Iโ€™m going to guess the problem is that the results for users_historys_slice include an Add button even though the slice is read-only. Is that your concern?

Yes that is correct.

Would have been helpful and saved a lot of time if youโ€™d just said that was the problemโ€ฆ

Please post a screenshot of the entire configuration of the Related users_historys_slice column.

Sorry about that Steve.

Here are the screenshots

Screenshoot of the slice is required, like below sample:

However, did the slice column was originated from a system generated REF_ROWS? (changed name, changed REF_ROW formula to slice?) forcing the system to re-create another REF_ROWS?

Yup thatโ€™s what I did.

I would just delete that Virtual column and create a new virtual column manually, and point the REF_ROWS to the slice. And see that the โ€œAddโ€ should be gone.

And Since there is no Row-Filter-Condition, both VC (system VC and the new VC) should shown the same items, only different is there is no โ€œAddโ€.

Thanks Heru it works!

But this is what really solves my problem. The ELEMENT TYPE DETAILS Reference Table Name should also point to the slice not just the REF_ROWS formula.

Yes, Thanks for sharing that. Good to know youโ€™ve solved this.

Top Labels in this Space