Reference to data from two tables

Hello everybody! I hope you are all very well enjoying very good health!

Community, I need help with the following.
I need to be able to select from a dropdown (Equipment), but the data that I can select is in two tables that have the same structure, but one contains Recovered equipment, and another contains Manufactured equipment.
In the drop-down menu, you would have to view the Equipment Id, and select recovered equipment or manufactured equipment, regardless of which table they come from.

Honestly, I canโ€™t figure out how to do it, and I donโ€™t even know if itโ€™s possible.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you!

0 8 128
8 REPLIES 8

Youโ€™ll probably need to setup the column as an ENUM or ENUM list with a Valid_IF formula of something like this:

Select(Table1[Column Name],TRUE)
+
Select(Table2[Column Name],TRUE)

This should create 2 lists then merge them together into one list

Thanks Simon, if I did not misunderstand I create the EnumList type field with reference to Table1, and in Valid_IF creating a formula like the one I show below, will I be able to visualize values โ€‹โ€‹from both tables?

AND (
Select (Table1 [Column Name], TRUE)
Select (Table2 [Column Name], TRUE))

It will just create a list of items from both tables e.g.

Table1Item1
Table1Item2
Table1Item3
Table2Item1
Table2Item2
Table2Item3

This wonโ€™t work, you canโ€™t AND two lists together, you have to use +

Gracias por la ayuda Simon!!!

Sounds like you should stay with single (one) table rather than splitting to different table, then use slice to split them out to two (virtual) tables , which will definitely make your life with Appsheet easier.

Yes! after the explanation, I opted for that, unfortunately the tables are in different applications, but I will go that way. Thank you!

This is also very good advice. Avoid having 2 sheets when 1 will work. Since it adds to the sync times

Top Labels in this Space