Reference to make an inline table without using key

I was trying to get an inline reference in my invoice table from my table that have the last 6 approved invoices by vendor. The Key in my invoice table is ProcessID and the key in my last 6 invoice is ProcessID but I want to match them based on vendor not ProcessID and the reference column only seems to work with the key of the table.

0 6 279
6 REPLIES 6

Bahbus

Ref columns must have Key values in it, otherwise it wonโ€™t actually link. That being said, however, we can still do what you want with the Key values. However, Iโ€™ll need some more information on how your table is constructed. Can you send screenshots of the spreadsheet for those two tables so we can get a quick understanding of how your structure is working?

This is the Invoice Header table. Textract_Process_ID is the Key and Label in appsheet as well.
The other table, LastSixInvoices is identical as it is a view of this table but it is: Group By โ€˜Vendor_IDโ€™, Limit 6, Where Approval_Status=Approved. So I want an inline view of the LastSixInvoices linked by Vendor_ID not Textract_Process_ID

@Austin_Lambeth
If I have understood you correctly, you want an inline view in your Vendor_Detail View to show the invoices that belong to that particular Vendor. If so:
1.) In your Vendor Table, create a VC with below expression:

SELECT(
	Invoice Header[Textract_Process_ID],
	AND(
		[Vendor ID]=[_THISROW].[Vendor ID],
		[Approval_Status]="Approved"
	)
)

@Austin_Lambeth
If you only want to show the last 6 invoices, you can try with this instead:

TOP(
	ORDERBY(
		SELECT(
			AND(
				[Vendor ID]=[_THISROW].[Vendor ID],
			)
		),
		[Invoice_Process_Date],
		FALSE
	),
)

Not in the Vendor_Details sorry. In the Invoice_Header table. The goal is to have an inline view in my Invoice Header view that shows the last 6 approved invoices so the user can compared if the current invoice is outside of the normal margins of the last 6. We already have the last 6 invoices done in database as the view LastSixInvoices.

@Austin_Lambeth
You can use the same expression just with changing the tablename I assume

TOP(
	ORDERBY(
		SELECT(
		),
		[Invoice_Process_Date],
		FALSE
	),
)