Referencing label column of table from EnumList Ref column in a different table

If I have an EnumList Ref column and I call out the Ref column in a report using the format of <<[RefColumn]>>, it will print the list of the appropriate values from the key column of the referenced table. I understand that part. But what if I instead want to print the values of the label column of the referenced table? If I use a list deference such as [RefColumn][OtherTableLabelColumn], that field in my report just shows up blank. Why is that?

1 8 313
8 REPLIES 8

Try with dotโ€ฆ [RefColumn].[OtherTableLabelColumn]

HI @Aleksi, that works fine for me if I make the column a Ref but as soon as I change to an EnumList Ref, I get this message:

Attachment template. Expression โ€˜[Assigned to].[_ComputedName]โ€™ is invalid due to: Column Assigned to in expression โ€˜[Assigned to].[_ComputedName]โ€™ does not contain a reference."

Thanks!

Sorryโ€ฆ didnโ€™t realize you were using Enumlist. As Steve said, it should create a list of values if you have values in that column.

Having the same problem

3X_c_7_c738d594f8a0b719226ec4067ec04da114d8f55e.png
This is the error from the monitor

3X_5_e_5e96ee6e436cf99b9a00e5f2ed91ab3a66bf683d.png
this is the list of values from the column **[caso_atenciones]** on the monitor result, if I leave it like this: <<[caso_atenciones]>> in the report will appear just the key values PAP, ASL. but I want the result to be the labels of that enum list concatenated, like this: Primeros Auxilios Psicolรณgicos, Atenciรณn en Salud

I tried <<CONCATENATE(LIST([caso_atenciones]).[attention])>> but it gave me the same result as <<[caso_atenciones]>>

And I also tried:
3X_9_a_9aa270534493ac4ea90653fb72b5ea352ff0ef17.png
[caso_atenciones] is EnumList type Ref to another table

As mentioned above, you should be using a โ€œlist dereferenceโ€.

<<[caso_atenciones][attention]>>

Without the dot in the middle.

Now I get it, thank you very much.

It worked as intended.

Steve
Participant V

This should work, assuming that dereference is wrapped in <<, >>. Was it? Perhaps post a screenshot of the template?

Hi @Steve and @Aleksi, I got busy and left this for a day and it seems to be working fine now using the list deference. It did have the <<>> brackets initially so Iโ€™m not entirely certain what changed but Iโ€™ll take it as a win! Thanks for the help!

Top Labels in this Space