Regarding Action or Workflow Button to Email ...

Regarding Action or Workflow Button to Email a Quote to a Customer:

I have a working action and workflow for sending invoice emails using a template. But I would like to dynamically show/hide the button based on the view and/or column values.

Iโ€™m not sure if a workflow or action button would work better. But I think I could get the desired email body with either.

In any case, how do you show/hide the button in a logical manner for the user, based on the current context (view, row #, column values)?

Specifically, how do you HIDE an action or workflow button in Table or Deck View for a given table, but SHOW the button in Detail View? (You wouldnโ€™t bulk select customers to send invoices to, so the button is just extra noise in a list format).

Thanks in advanced!

0 3 669
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

If you choose the prominence option as โ€œDisplay prominentlyโ€, it will show it only in detail view. Then if you write a formula into the field โ€œIf condition is trueโ€, it will do that job. You just need to write a formula which will give you a result either TRUE or FALSE. For exampleโ€ฆ If you write like [ColumnName]=โ€œComletedโ€, it will show that action only when that condition is TRUE.

@Aleksi_Alkio Thanks Aleksi. I got it working. The button was still showing in deck view because I hadnโ€™t specified an order for the action buttons- so it was displaying all.

Wellโ€ฆ you remove all actions from the deck view if needed.

Top Labels in this Space