Regarding dereference expressions two dereference or one dereference?

Regarding the Dereference property, which has the same function in terms of configuration;

[Column2] = [ID1]. [ID2]. [Column1]

[Column2] = [ID2]. [Column1]

When I use both, I get the same result. My question is; Is it correct ([ID1]. [ID2]. [Column1]) or a [Column2] = [ID2]. [Column1] file. In short, which one to use in terms of the right speed and configuration.

1 8 180
8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Why would you think to use [ID1].[ID2].[Column1]?

I guess I couldnโ€™t express

Table 1:  [ID1]...[Column1]
        Table 2 : [ID2]...[ID1] (Ref)
             Table 3: [ID3]...[ID2] (Ref)...[ID1] (Ref)....[Column2]

[Column2] in Table 3 is an equal value to [Column1] in Table 1. I have 3 tables and they are related in this way one under the other. Is it better to get data from table 2 or table 1 to โ€œ[colum2]โ€ column in table 3? When I want to get this value in Table 3 what is the correct statement?

This makes absolutely no sense to me.

I got the same results in the performance test I did, it didnโ€™t change much. There is no problem in data entry, either.

Iโ€™m wondering the same thing as Steve. How did you even think to do that?

I think Iโ€™m gonna use this expression for now on whenever I want to reference a columnโ€™s value in the current row:

[_THISROW].[id].[id].[id].[id].[id].[id].[id].[id].[id].[id].[column]

It just feels right.

The shortest path is generally the best.

I did not want to open a new topic. I want to ask a similar question. There is a main table and a child table attached to it. From the records I added to the child table, I take the last record I added to the main table with โ€œmaxrowโ€ with a normal column and update the related rows with workflow. I can do the same by using virtual columns without using a workflow. Should we use normal columns and workflows, or should they be updated with virtual columns?

Top Labels in this Space