Remove Add Button

tvinci

Hello AppSheet, how do I remove the add button circled in red? I already have a switch statement for that table so I can’t add another one. Is there a way to have two switch statements? I tried putting two switch statements into an AND() expression but that returned an error.

Solved Solved
1 4 3,543
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey Tiffany.

That add button is actually the same plus button you’ll see when you hit the “View” button (or any other aggregate view [table, deck, gallery, etc.]).

3X_d_6_d6e1fe72dc5b7c0c127a0fbb256ecbb19094885c.gif

You control that with the “Add” action for that table in the Behavior>Actions section of the editor:

You can hide it all together, like I show in the clip above, or you can add a condition to the action to only show it based on criteria.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hey Tiffany.

That add button is actually the same plus button you’ll see when you hit the “View” button (or any other aggregate view [table, deck, gallery, etc.]).

3X_d_6_d6e1fe72dc5b7c0c127a0fbb256ecbb19094885c.gif

You control that with the “Add” action for that table in the Behavior>Actions section of the editor:

You can hide it all together, like I show in the clip above, or you can add a condition to the action to only show it based on criteria.

Yay this worked beautifully! Thank you!

@MultiTech Dear, 

If the Add button is removed with the intention of removing it from the inline view of Related records in parent table. Does it removes the " +" in child table also?

What to do if I want to remove from the inline view alone ? 

@jaichith wrote:

If the Add button is removed with the intention of removing it from the inline view of Related records in parent table. Does it removes the " +" in child table also?

What to do if I want to remove from the inline view alone ? 

When inside the inline view itself, looking at just the table of records, the add button loses the context of the record you were looking at in the detail view - and in so it looses the ability to show/hide based on any specifics for that record.

But you can base the condition for this action, in this context, with other formulas that might be a bit more universal 

• IN(Index(Current_User[User_Role], 1), LIST("Admin", "Dev"))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more nuance, you can always make use of the actual view names themselves

• Context("View") = "YOUR_VIEW_HERE"
  • in(Context("View"),  list("YOUR_VIEW_HERE"))
  • not(in(Context("View"),  list("YOUR_VIEW_HERE", "Another_View")))

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a video showing how to take over that button with more nuance:

Top Labels in this Space