Removing X-axis label from chart

I can’t seem to remove the X-axis label from a chart. I’ve tried setting the variable display to blank (" "), but that simply causes another variable to be displayed. I want the axis to be label-free since I am displaying the information elsewhere. Can this not be done? Thanks very much.

2X_3_355436360942e4393794c72a17f05fde9adcb325.png

0 6 3,219
6 REPLIES 6

I don’t believe there is an option for that. I wonder if you could have a format rule that changes the text color to be the same color as the background.

Thanks very much Bellave - but I should have mentioned that my objective was to leave more room for the chart, and not the aesthetics.

How about using https://quickchart.io/ for the chart?

That looks great, but sadly I’m not high enough up the Appsheet learning curve to implement it. Would you happen to have any links to docs or videos that I could look at? Thanks Aleksi for the tip.

Hi @RobertLerner,

@Aleksi’s guidance is the best one as usual one if your objective is to have more space for the chart, because I believe in AppSheet chart the space below X axis line seems to be fixed irrespective of X axis label.

But just for information purpose, if I may add, if you wish to hide the title by using the display name property of the column settings for the X axis title column.

Please have an expression something like below in the [San Francisco city] column’s display name property

IF(CONTEXT(“View”)<>“Your Chart View’s Name”,“San Francisco city”, " ")

Below is an example

2X_f_fdc4e24593ee4a3d97c3febe333e8c18c2f264d4.png

Thank you very much Suvrutt. But for some reason I could not get it to work with my chart. But it’s a great tip (I did not ever think of conditional displays), and will come back to it soon to try again.

Top Labels in this Space