Rendered Image from parent table in PDF report

Hi everyone!

Is there a way to render an image that is located in the parent table in a PDF generated report? What formula should I use in the Google Docs template?

Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 5 426
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@AlejandroCamacho
Thanks for the explanations. I may advise creating an IMAGE type virtual column in your Surveys table and retrieve the image from the Projects table with a de-ref expression i.e.

[Project Id].[Client Logo]

[Project Id] is your REF column in Surveys table referencing the Projects table and [Client Logo] is your logo image column in the referenced table. Please adjust them as per your needs.
You can then refer to this virtual column in your template:
<<[VirtualColumnName]>>

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

May I ask how can we propose something without having an idea of whatโ€™s your app build, table schema, how your tables are connected, from which table youโ€™re generating the PDF report, is there a reference between this table and the table where the image is located etc.etc. Please elaborate your issue.

Hi Levent,

Sorry, didnโ€™t thought all of that was necessary and that my post was very clear.

Alright, I have two tables: Projects which is the Parent Table and Surveys which is the Child Table.

In my parent table there is a column to upload an image of the client logo.

I have a Workflow which creates a PDF report every time a Survey is submitted and saved. The template for that PDF report is made in Google Docs.

I want a formula that can render in the PDF Report the Client Logo of the Project for every Survey that corresponds to each Project.

I tried a SELECT() formula, but only retrieves the URL and do not displays the image.

Hope that was clear enough, please let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks,

@AlejandroCamacho
Thanks for the explanations. I may advise creating an IMAGE type virtual column in your Surveys table and retrieve the image from the Projects table with a de-ref expression i.e.

[Project Id].[Client Logo]

[Project Id] is your REF column in Surveys table referencing the Projects table and [Client Logo] is your logo image column in the referenced table. Please adjust them as per your needs.
You can then refer to this virtual column in your template:
<<[VirtualColumnName]>>

Thanks Levent, that was it!

Youโ€™re welcome

Top Labels in this Space