Replace filename with static text

We are adding a pdf into a product page. The pdf uploads correctly, launches correctly, and displays correctly when opened. The file we choose is named “A Product File.pdf” when we upload. However, on the product page, is displays as “ProductCatalog_Files_/A Product File.Brochure.094820.pdf”.
We are trying to get the file name to display exactly as uploaded, or even better, always replace the filename with “Brochure”. Similarly to the way you can get whatever text you want to show but when tapped opens a hyperlink. HYPERLINK([Link], [Learn_More])

3 4 1,093
4 REPLIES 4

I would like to know how we can do this. I’m facing the same issue with Google drive link.

@Aleksi can you enlighten us?

This is bit old post, but caught my eyes.
Did you find solution to it?
For the moment, we dont have ability to dynamically change the file name, but there is workaround to achieve the similar.

See the help doc first.

When we save the file, refer to their file type field and then construct the URL link to that file by creating Virtual Column. See the docs how to construct the file URL and save the VC.

Then easiest way is to construct anther virtual column for hyper link.
For this vc, place expression of hyperlink() https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2357254-hyperlink

Within that expression, you refer to the URL virtual column. If you want to dynamically change the link text, then you refer to another data filed/column on the same table or you can hardcode the text as well.

Is this what you are looking for?

@jgolinvaux

@jgolinvaux @JAV_Automacao

Currently this is not possible. When an upload is performed, AppSheet applies certain properties to ensure filename uniqueness.

Check out this post where there was More discussion.

Hi,

Any workaround to have the possibility to apply a pdf filename from the Data row where we are putting the pdf file? Ex.: =concatenate “Col1” and “Col2”.pdf ?

It would be easier to find the imported pdf file in Appsheet Data folder.

Thanks

Top Labels in this Space