Replace the system generated computed keys with constant key from 2 column

how can I make 2 keys using 2 column without Computed Keys
the system automaticlly generate the computed keys

with my large data the synch. become very slow due to virtual column of the computed kays and I want replace it with constant column including 2 key

Solved Solved
2 4 448
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Simply create a normal (non-virtual) column with an Initial value expression the same as the App formula expression currently used by the _ComputedKey virtual column. Mark this new column as key and delete the _ComputedKey column.

If your app currently references the _ComputedKey column explicitly (in expressions, e.g.), you could name the new normal column _ComputedKey. When you regenerate the column structure, the virtual column will be replaced by the normal one, and (if I recall correctly) the rest of the old virtual columnโ€™s configuration will be applied to the new normal column, making the transition a little easier.

Note carefully: No matter how you implement your key column, either by virtual column or by normal column, the key value cannot change after its row has been saved the first time. A computed key will only ever be computed and changeable before that first save. After that, itโ€™s fixed in stone.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Simply create a normal (non-virtual) column with an Initial value expression the same as the App formula expression currently used by the _ComputedKey virtual column. Mark this new column as key and delete the _ComputedKey column.

If your app currently references the _ComputedKey column explicitly (in expressions, e.g.), you could name the new normal column _ComputedKey. When you regenerate the column structure, the virtual column will be replaced by the normal one, and (if I recall correctly) the rest of the old virtual columnโ€™s configuration will be applied to the new normal column, making the transition a little easier.

Note carefully: No matter how you implement your key column, either by virtual column or by normal column, the key value cannot change after its row has been saved the first time. A computed key will only ever be computed and changeable before that first save. After that, itโ€™s fixed in stone.

@Steve, I have question about the _ComputedKey - MultiColumnKey type virtual column:

Is this MultiColumnKey is really impacting the app speed? Is there any different behavior between this MultiColumnKey and a regular virtual column?

For some internal apps, I was doing something like select more than one column as key to form this MultiColumnKey column type.

Yes.

Not from a performance perspective, no.

THANK YOU โ€ฆTHE PROBLEM SOLVED
I WAS USED THE FORMULA INSTEAD OF INITIAL VALUE

Top Labels in this Space