I have the following set of student records, each of them related to a specific teacher’s email.
The objective is that each teacher (column 3) receives the list of students he/she has been assigned from each assistant.
In that way
Assistant 1 would send 2 emails (to teacher 1 and 2)
Assistant 2 would send 2 emails (to teacher 1 and 3)
4 emails total
My initial attempt was the following:
(Assuming that the report runs as each Assistant in the Assistant App)
- Create an slice based on the user log in
- Send the report to the teacher’s email registered in column 3
- This is set based on a daily basis schedule
However, I have read that:
If that is true, and the report runs as the App Owner then:
- Create an slice based on the user log in is gone
- The App will filter all the records and send the same information to all the teachers
This is not the desired behaviour so I’m thinking about alternatives.
- I’m not sure if it would be possible to actually configurate the report to send only the related information for each teacher in the report.
- If 1 is not possible, I’m thinking that maybe I should create multiple slices, one for each teacher, and create multiple schedule reports to be sent to them.
I’m more inclined for option 2 given my current knowledge on Appsheet but I’m trying to find a more efficient solution, if any.
Thanks for any recommendation!