Report (template error) and EXPRESSION ASSISTANT error

Hi Guys !
I have a problem with a report that generates PDF at night, it is a summary of the business activity.

In general, the report reads the [CORREO] accounts of each of the stores from a table, and for each store [User] generates a summary.

after doing many tests, I came to this conclusion โ€ฆ

FORMULA 1 (PHOTO 1)
SUM (SELECT (MTTO [Cost Parts], AND ([MONTH] = MONTH (TODAY ()), [User] = [_ thisrow]. [BRANCH], [YEAR] = YEAR (TODAY ()))))
indeed in the table [MTTO] there is no โ€œSUCURSALโ€ field, but in the virtual field the โ€œEXPRESSION ASSISTANTโ€ works fine and gives me the correct values โ€‹โ€‹โ€ฆ
however, testing it in โ€œTEMPLATEโ€ (PHOTO 3) of the report gives the following error!

Expression 'SUM (SELECT (MTTO [Cost Parts], AND ([MONTH] = MONTH (TODAY ()), [User] = [_ thisrow]. [BRANCH], [YEAR] = YEAR (TODAY ())))) โ€˜is invalid due to: Error in expressionโ€™ [_THISUSER]. [SUCURSAL] โ€˜: Unable to find columnโ€™ SUCURSAL '.

FORMULA 2 (PHOTO 2)
SUM (SELECT (MTTO [Cost Parts], AND ([MONTH] = MONTH (TODAY ()), [User] = [_ thisrow]. [BRANCH], [YEAR] = YEAR (TODAY ()))))
In โ€œEXPRESSION ASSISTANTโ€ it does not work, it results in ZERO in everything.
putting it in the โ€œTEMPLATEโ€ (PHOTO 4) of the report also makes the calculations wrong, ZERO

I AM CONFUSED AND TIRED, PLEASE A LITTLE HELP โ€ฆ
HOW IT SHOULD BE THE CORRECT FORMULA THAT FUNCTIONS IN BOTH PARTS !!

0 4 296
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This:

_ thisrow

should be this:

_thisrow

Thx @Steve for your quick attention โ€ฆ

but it is well written [_THISROW]! what else could it be?

Iโ€™m confused. Are you translating your expressions? If so, please donโ€™t.

You originally posted this expression:

There is clearly a space between _ and thisrow.

You then said:

Which is fine, because the expression you posted didnโ€™t reference a column named SUCURSAL.

Then you said:

In which, again, thereโ€™s space between _ and thisrow.

The expression also doesnโ€™t match the one in photo 3. Did you translate it?

Interesting also that the error references _THISUSER (not _THISROW), which doesnโ€™t occur in the expression at all. I canโ€™t explain that.

The spell-checking marks in photo 3 obscure the expression. Please turn spell-checking off for screenshots.

The most recent screenshot you provided references a column named _thisrow]. [SUCURSAL. I suspect the space between [_thisrow]. and [SUCURSAL] might be confusing things. Try [_thisrow].[SUCURSAL] instead.

I would also advise removing spaces between function names and the open parenthesis that follows. For instance, I recommend SUM( rather than SUM (.

All-in-all, I would reformat your expression from this:

to this:

SUM(SELECT(MTTO[Cost Parts], AND([MONTH] = MONTH(TODAY()), [User] = [_thisrow].[BRANCH], [YEAR] = YEAR(TODAY()))))

or, if you prefer more spacing:

SUM( SELECT( MTTO[Cost Parts], AND( [MONTH] = MONTH( TODAY() ), [User] = [_thisrow].[BRANCH], [YEAR] = YEAR( TODAY() ))))

Thx @Steve, i 'll put more attention to the spaces โ€ฆ and test again, thx

Top Labels in this Space