Reports error: can't pull in data from another table

MEC
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

Hi!

I’m trying to make a report that pulls in data from “Client profile” table based on a reference id from “Application” table. When I try to save the workflow, the below errors occur. I believe you can use dereferencing in reports or can’t I?

Thanks in advance.

Solved Solved
0 17 296
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try this.

Go to [Reference Id] field setting which should have been set as REF type.
Turn on “IsPartOf” setting.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Try this.

Go to [Reference Id] field setting which should have been set as REF type.
Turn on “IsPartOf” setting.

MEC
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

@tsuji_koichi thank you. It worked but not fully i think? The error is gone but there was no data fetched. Please find the below snap shot of my template.

and here’s the result

Thank you for your help in advance.

Good. One step ahead.

As far as Appsheet returns NO error, expression should be working fine.

I just suspect there is no [Reference Id] value being selected for this [Full Name] for “Daria Gagarin”. Are you sure there is value for Reference Id for the row of Daria Gagarin?

Wonderful! You are right! All good now! Thank you so much for your help!

Good to hear you solved problems.

MEC
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

Hi @tsuji_koichi or anyone who’s free to help, sorry but I have encountered a problem again. I’m trying to pull in data from another table aside from my “Client profile” table. My table where I’m pulling the other data from is called “Employment” table with the same reference id. Please see the below error.

My report expression looks like the below.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

[Employment] field seems to be ref type, reference to child table and rows.

So you need to put deref expressions for address, Company name, job title , years in service, montly net pay.

[Employment].[Company name]
[Employment].[Address]
cont.

MEC
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

@tsuji_koichi Hi. Actually, “Employment” table is like the “Client profile” table and has the same reference id from “Application” table. The Reference Id “Ispartof” of the “Client profile” and It wont pull the data from “Employment table” so I had to create another columns as Id for my different tables and turn on “Ispartof” but unfortunately appsheet doesn’t allow that. The below is my “Application” table

My data model is like this, I have a “Client” table with a key and that key is the key in all my tables: Client profile, Spouse, Employment, Co_borrower, Business and etc. What I’m trying to do is put all those data in a report and send it via email. I have already accomplished (with your,@tsuji_koichi’s help) the Client profile. Now I need to pull in the data from my other tables but I’m stuck.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Please place screenshot for your column setting for the target table where we can see all the column name and data type etc.

Here you go.

I’m trying to pull in those data using the “Reference Id” which is my “Client profile” key but the below error occurs.

thank you in advance!

I mean trying to pull in the data from each Ref_rows.

there is no [reference id] field right here.

Sorry. The “Reference Id” is in my “Application” table which triggers the sending of the report once saved.

3X_5_e_5e08177eb933d3fc78a05c78bc079afa5625348f.png

That Reference ID is actually my Reference column in my “Client profile” table and in all other tables.

You need to make a relationship with this table with others first of all. For the moment, there is no ref relationships. Review tables and data schema globally.

Could you elaborate more please of making a relationship with other table? The below “Reference ID” is a reference column found in all of those tables. For example, the “Reference ID” ,8ea7bde3, is the reference in all of my tables (Client profile, Employment etc)

3X_5_e_5e08177eb933d3fc78a05c78bc079afa5625348f.png

Or do you mean by making ref_rows in my “Application” table?

Thanks.

I’ve been trying different methods but im still getting errors. Here’s what I did:

3X_e_e_ee0ef3c7c12f88dfd13307720ea44675e8354012.png

I’ve created another column that is exactly the same as Reference Id. Both are of reference type and referencing to respective tables. But I still could not get it right.

Top Labels in this Space