Reports: I've created a report that I'd like ...

Reports: I’ve created a report that I’d like to be sent to the emails in the slice associated with the report.

Each email should display data specific to them. The report should NOT represent records for both email addresses in one report. How would I accomplish this?

0 9 491
9 REPLIES 9

@Daisy_Ramirez

I am not sure I am following.

It sounds like you want to use the “ForEachRowInTable” option. That creates a distinct email for each row in the slice.

Hi Philip the slice contains 18 records total: 11 records for email1 and 7 records for email2. I’m looking to have 2 emails sent out - each containing their particular records. “ForEachRowInTable” would generate 18 emails. Is there a way to specify which field to group these emails to generate just the 2

as in the scenario above?

@Daisy_Ramirez

You need a table that contains one row for each potential email recipient.

Then create a slice over that table that only contains the rows from the table that should receive an email. Filter the slice based on whether that individual has pending “notifications” that need to be sent.

Then create the Report to run against the slice and specify “ForEachRowInTable”. This will create one email for each person in the slice.

In the Report template, include a Start expression to select all of the “notifications” for the current user. In your case, the Start would select and list 11 “notifications” for the first user and 7 “notifications” for the second user.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Hi Philip, I get what you’re saying - worked like a charm - Thanks a bunch!

@Daisy_Ramirez

Good work Daisy! Glad it worked for you.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh HI Philip I understand the report will not be sent to the appropriate emails (only the developer) until the app is deployed. Will the report still generate automatically once the day of week and time is set? I’m testing the report for automatic generation but nothing generated? Would the app need to be deployed for the auto generation to fire?

@Daisy_Ramirez

We only run the report on the schedule you specify after you deploy the app.

Otherwise we would be generating reports for hundreds and hundreds to Reports which were still under development or had been abandoned.

I will add a note to the docs to explain this.

@Philip_Garrett_Appsh Got it - Thanks much!

Top Labels in this Space