Reset on Edit - setting value with Initial Value expression. What am I missing?

EDITED: Never mind. I have realized that this was an Editor problem/side effect. After saving changes and re-selecting User Settings, the app would return immediately to the form. Testing from there the Reset on Edit did not work. BUT, if I navigate out of the Form and then follow the normal user work flow, the functionality works as expected.

EDITED: Keeping the below for informative purposes of this issue.

I have a row that is created automatically. Later, the user needs to update it in the app. I want to set a column for that row such that if there is only a single value in the dropdown list, it is pre-selected on the form when editing. I have Reset on Edit turned โ€œonโ€.

To test, I have tried hard coding the key value in Initial Value and the item is selected automatically as expected. But when I try to use an expression to select that same key, the value is not selected for some reason. Itโ€™s the same expression used for the Valid_If which I know only returns a single value in this case. I must be missing something but Iโ€™m not sure what. I donโ€™t use Reset on Edit much.

Why wonโ€™t Initial Value automatically select the single value?

Expression used in dropdown that I know returns only a single value

SELECT(Goal[Key], AND([Program] = [_THISROW].[Challenge].[Program],  [User] = [_THISROW].[Student]))

Initial Value expression - simply wraps above with ANY() - why does it not choose value?

ANY(SELECT(Goal[Key], AND([Program] = [_THISROW].[Challenge].[Program],  [User] = [_THISROW].[Student])))
3 1 383
1 REPLY 1

Sounds like a bug, or the chained deref expression is not working property when the expression is wrapped and nested inside the other expression?

Top Labels in this Space