I believe what you are wanting to do is most certainly available through AppSheets common usage. If your end goal is to save the data for each driver from each shift, then creating two tables and copying/transcribing rows and performing a reset, is a LOT of extra work you don’t have to do.
I think maybe there is a disconnect in understanding where you are starting within the application. It hasn’t been covered here, but my guess based on your comments, is that you have a Form view as the starting view in the application. In your use case, that would not be the recommended approach. I feel this is creating confusion between what you are seeing and what is being recommended.
The normal usage for what you are trying to achieve would be:
- Set the starting view as a Table View or a Deck view.
- Tap the “+” button to launch the Form for a new shift.
- Enter data and Save to create a NEW row.
- Tap that newly added row in the Table/Deck view to EDIT it for additional information for THAT shift.
- At the start of a new shift, tap the “+” for a new/reset Form.
Does this make sense and does it help you at all?